I have a permanent visa

Permanent Resident (PR) visa holders can remain in Australia indefinitely but if you intend to leave Australia and come back, you need to check the travel facility period on your permanent visa (usually a five-year period).

You can check by:

  • using the VEVO service, or
  • accessing your visa conditions through your ImmiAccount.

If you enter Australia on a temporary visa when the travel facility on your permanent visa has expired, this will have an adverse impact on you. See 'Resident Return visa' for details.