My visa has expired

Expired inside 28 days

If your visa has expired, you need to apply for a Bridging visa E (BVE) immediately in order to become lawful. A BVE is a short-term visa that lets you remain lawful while you make arrangements to leave Australia.

If you want to stay lawfully in Australia, you must apply for a new visa. Your circumstances will determine your visa options and what you must do to remain lawful. Depending on how long ago your visa expired, you may face restrictions on applying for further visas while you are in Australia.

Some services relating to the visa application process may be impacted by COVID-19 and a range of services we rely on (such as medical checks and biometric collection) are increasingly unavailable. Applicants will be given additional time to complete checks and provide the requested information.

Expired over 28 days ago

If your visa expired more than 28 days ago, please contact the Status Resolution Service (SRS) for assistance to resolve your immigration status.